Why might it be difficult to handle your own tax returns? Unfortunately, the tax return filing process can be tedious. Most people are not up to date on current tax laws and changes each year and it’s hard to know how to claim certain types of income/expenses in accordance with those laws. Also, what is expensable? How do you know? There’s a lot of information to keep track of! To top it off, getting ahold of the IRS to answer questions can be extremely difficult. Bottom Line Bookkeeping, on the other hand, is much easier to reach. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have about your return.
What are helpful questions to ask?
If you don’t even know what you don’t know and aren’t sure what to ask, you’re not alone. Listed below are some common questions about tax returns that we receive on a regular basis. Feel free to use this list as a guide for your own research, or give us a call and we would be happy to help answer these questions for you!
- What should my filing status be? Single? Head of Household?
- Is it better to file Married filing Separately or Married filing Jointly?
- How quickly will I get my refund?
- Does filing an extension have any negative effect on the IRS’s processing of my tax return?
- What is the deadline for getting my taxes paid?
- Can I set up a payment plan?
- Are there any credits that I qualify for?
Filing your tax return can be confusing, but it doesn’t have to be. We’re here to help.
Looking for help with your Tax Return in College Station? Call Bottom Line Bookkeeping!